Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Village of Şirince
While in Izmir this past weekend, I had the opportunity to go to a small Turkish village about an hour outside Izmir. The village of Şirince lies in the foothills near Ephesus and is simply beautiful. It reminded me so much of the cruise I took with my parents four years ago to Greece and Turkey. This village definitely felt more Greek than Turkish. I recommend anyone going to Ephesus to make a trip here as well. The streets were lined with cobblestones and each restaurant offered wine tasting in their local fruit wines. It was definitely a touristic place, with lots of little stands throughout the village selling linen and Turkish souvenirs. I wish that we had had time to go to Ephesus but I will be returning in two weeks for part of the Bayram holiday and look forward to visiting that site again then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks like a place we will want to visit. How was taking the bus there? How far is it from Ephesus? Would we then take the bus there also? And don't forget I want to go to Mary's house.
ReplyDeleteThat looks beautiful! I totally want to go there!
ReplyDeleteI think I would feel comfortable taking the buses there. You have to take them from another nearby city though, Selçuk, which is close to Ephesus. It would probably take some figuring out, but I think we could do it. It's probably 10-15 minutes from Ephesus. (I'm glad I was finally able to figure out how to post pictures on here.)
ReplyDelete