A lot happened over my road trip to Bodrum, Overall it was a good weekend, but I just want to mention a few things.
We killed a ton of bugs driving really fast through the plateau. We couldn’t figure out how the guy cleaning our windshield knew that we had been driving so fast. He just kept saying to slow down, slow down (yavas, yavas). We thought maybe because there had been so many flies on the windshield. We then determined that this man must clean so many windshields that he has the bug splatter down to an art and knew we had been driving very fast due to the large bug splatter across our entire windshield.
The name of the museum in Bodrum should not be named the Underwater Museum. Rather it should be the Museum of Underwater Artifacts. It is a very confusing name. At no point do you go underwater in the museum.
Last year I had my first snow day. This week I had my first rain day. Driving back from Bodrum we experienced rain like I have never seen. I was so frightened and very thankful I had not been the one driving. We made it back safely, although I had been scared there would literally be a flash flood while we were driving through the mountains between Mugla and Denizli. Made it back safely to Antalya and got a text message from the school saying (in Turkish that I could read!) that school would be cancelled for one day due to the bad weather. I even had two teachers call me to make sure I understood the message.
So glad your Turkish is improving.
ReplyDeleteI really need to study more :/
ReplyDeleteIronically, there was so much rain the place very well may have ended up under water by the end of your trip, right?
ReplyDeleteI want to like Devon's comment. That's funny!
ReplyDeleteI know! I wish you could "like" comments on here.
ReplyDelete