My morning started off pretty standard. I took a smoke break with one of my Turkish colleagues. Although I do not smoke, she sometimes has me go with her so that I feel included. This morning it was just the two of us. And she was basically checking on me. Saying she had not heard me speak for three days. It was nice.
In my sixth grade lesson the students wrote about a pet they have, describing its age and color. One student asked me if he would make up a pet. I said sure. Then when he read it to the class he said he had a pet serpent named Nagini. She was dark green and three years old. She was very nice. I said, what?! She is not dangerous and scary? He said no. One of the kids noted then that he was talking about Voldormot’s snake. I know, I said, I know…
In my seventh grade lesson the students were writing about imagining a weird story had happened to them, like being taken away by aliens or getting lost in the Bermuda Triangle. One story basically went like this:
Hi John. I’m lost in the Bermuda Triangle! I hope I survive. If I don’t, will you tell Jessica I love her?
1 month later:
John, it’s Tom, I survived! I hope you didn’t tell Jessica I love her. If you did, I will kill myself.
1 day later:
Tom, I love you too! Can we get married? From, Jessica
1 day later:
Jessica, Tom killed himself. It’s like Romeo and Juliet. From, John
Then walking on the street to my bus, I passed all the kids in their school buses. Usually I try to leave before they see me walking but today they saw me. From their school bus they yelled, Teacher, teacher! Ms. Conboy, Ms. Conboy! Hi! I love you! I smiled and waved, and continued walking.
I want to say this is a normal day for me. But it wasn’t. This was probably my best day so far at school. Usually my days are pretty bad. But this was a good day.
Aww that's so nice. Great stories. I hope you have more days like that!
ReplyDeleteMe too :)
ReplyDelete