Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Snow in Isparta
Last Saturday I awoke to it lightly snowing outside. To say I was excited is an understatement. It wasn't quite cold enough to stick though. I went to a fellow teacher's house for breakfast and while there it started really snowing. I found myself sitting on her couch simply staring outside. I had to explain: yes, I have seen snow before, and played in snow before, but never have I lived somewhere where it snows. It is an indescribable feeling. I have lived in San Diego my entire life and always thought I would hate the cold and snow. But I think I'm handling this pretty well and actually loving it. It snowed nearly all of Saturday and just a little on Sunday and unfortunately it has gotten warmer now and most has melted. Right now it's raining but still in the 40s. Friends came to visit on Saturday and we had plans to ice skate even before we knew it would snow. It seemed perfect then that we were ice skating while it was snowing, if only we had actually been outside in it. We got nearly half a foot though and I only fell once. It's going to be raining the rest of the week and then up in the 50s next week, so I don't know when it will snow again, but I am looking forward to it. For now, I can just hope for a White Christmas in Paris...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
gorgeous! and im totally proud of how you are handling it. thinking about you in snow reminded me of when we went snowboarding and you...had a rough time. glad you are doing better now!
ReplyDeleteI was told today that this weather was unusual and that Isparta mostly gets cold rain...
ReplyDeleteBeautiful in the snow.
ReplyDelete